There is one question that I get asked the most often. I’m guilty of asking this same question when I started my fitness journey over 6 years ago...
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I WORKOUT?
And, as with most of my clients, I was looking for a very specific answer.
Therein lies the problem because there is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL answer.
There are so many factors that need to be evaluated before a proper coach/trainer can prescribe an effective solution that can generate your desired results.
· Are you currently active – meaning what is your daily activity level? Do you sit all day? Do you walk on a Treadmill? Peloton? Zumba?
· What are your goals? – Are you looking to lose 50lbs? Are you training for a mud run? Are you looking to maintain your functional movement as you age? Maybe you want to inspire your family to get healthy?
· How much time can you honestly devote to working out each week? As a coach I would be doing you a great disservice if I said you had to work out 3x/week for 2 hours (I do not recommend this EVER) and you barely have time for 30 minutes a few days a week.
· What is your nutrition like? The saying “You can’t out train a BAD diet” holds true for EVERYONE. You can exercise 7 days a week but if you aren’t fueling your body with healthy foods and drinking plenty of water you will never achieve the results you want before you lose your motivation and quit.
· Other important factors that need to be considered are: underlying medical conditions, stress, sleep habits, and motivation.
As a rule I like to take the time to get to know my clients and simultaneously allow them to get to know me. Trust is the basis around all my relationships. How can I expect a client to believe and accept what I’m telling them if we don’t have some level of trust.
For those of you reading this and ready to start your fitness journey schedule a time to come sit and chat with me. Click here: https://tribelifeathletics.as.me/NSI
Stay healthy my friends and make good choices.